Tuesday, April 10, 2012

He's perfect!

Little E
D and E.  My loves of my life
10 fingers, 10 toes…that's all you really worry about right.  What more could a parent ask for.  He seems normal, looks normal, he's healthy.  Perfect in every way.  Sight on scene, there would be nothing to indicate to you that your child will be diagnosed with Autism.  1 in 110?  No, that number just went down to 1 in 88.  But when you think about it, who doesn't have Autistic tendencies?  Still not the same growing up in a world where you are subjected to tests, evaluations… people, including family members, asking you, "what's wrong with him?"  What the hell does that mean?  That used to make me so made… still does.  "He's Autistic; what’s your excuse?" is what I wanted to say.  People can be so mean without even knowing it.  It's called ignorance with a dash of denial.  The world hasn't changed people.  Autism has existed for many years, you just didn't realize it.  I don't have time for the how's and why's, I just need to do for my son now.  What will help him in his daily life?  How can I help him to grow into an independent person of this society?  It's what I want for both my boys.  It's a big scary world out there.  But we'll get thru it.

No comments:

Post a Comment