Monday, September 16, 2013

There's no such thing as throwing in the towel

I'm determined have a good day or even a so/so day, because I don't feel like I ever have a "bad" day; not to say there aren't bad moments in the day, but I won't let those moments rule the day!  That might sound very "turn that frown upside down", but my emotions are on overload as it is without some episode ruining the whole day :)  I must say though this morning was tough and I was just about in tears.  Scolding your kid first thing in the morning is pain-staking, gut-wrenching, and heart-breaking.  But time was running out and we had to get moving, even if it meant literally dragging 'Milo out of bed and guiding him through the hall to the restroom and then into the den to get dressed.  All the while he's yelling and crying and begging to go back to bed.  And trust me, I'm not waiting till the last minuted to get him up; I am in there by 6:15, starting to talk to him, gently nudging, persuading him to start getting up, even though school doesn't start till 8.  But time goes quickly in the morning and I have to get me and them ready, and if they aren't dressed by 7 it throws off everything.  But even after all that, and once we got to the den to get dressed he had calmed down enough to dress and start the day.  It's like a switch is flipped.  Like nothing happened.  All of a sudden, calm.  

No one said it was gonna be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment