Saturday, June 21, 2014

I came across this on my computer and I thought I'd share because this melted my heart then and still does. I have this posted at my desk at work and I see it everyday.  
Before I had my boys, about 12 years ago or so, I was diagnosed with Lymphoma and treated with chemo for 7 months.  Every year the Leukemia/Lymphoma society holds a fundraiser called Light the Night.  This is a cause that has been close to my heart since being treated and recovered.   I have taken the boys almost every year since they were little.  Everyone is given balloons; red for caregivers/supports, white for survivors, and gold in memory of someone who passed.  These balloons light the night.  It is a beautiful event.
In Nov 2012, when 'Milo was in 3rd grade, we went to this event like we had in the past.  At the time 'Milo's teacher had a daily assignment in the class where they would write in a daily journal.  These writings were sent home every couple of weeks...and that's when I saw it.  This beautifully drawn, beautifully written recollection of the Light the Night event we had attended.  I was so moved because before then I never really knew how much he realized what is going on around him or if it impacts him enough to remember something, beside cartoons or a video game.
But this time I knew.





No comments:

Post a Comment