Friday, August 22, 2014

Yesterday started off with a bang...

I was not good as you can see from the post I wrote on our FB page:

"Today I hate autism. I hate the challenging behaviors it gives my son. It's not his fault, it's the autism. I hate that I have those moments where I just need to close the door and scream! It's not my fault, it's the autism. I hate that it can ruin a moment in time for my family. It's not our fault, it's the autism. I hate that people who have not experienced autism first hand can be quick to judge. It's not their fault, it's the autism. I hate that at times I feel like I'm the only one that gets me, when there are thousands of autism parents having that same feeling. It's not our fault, it's the autism.
There are times that I love what autism has taught me. I love that other autism parents support each other. I love when I can share a suggestion that works for another parent and they are so appreciative. I love that ah-ha! moment when I figure out that one thing that helps my son "get it".
But today, I hate autism"


No comments:

Post a Comment