Friday, November 29, 2013

Division sucks!

Well, not really, but it sure is hard trying to explain to a child with special needs. I am not a teacher, and just don't know how to explain the homework in a way 'Milo will understand sometimes. One afternoon we ended up getting frustrated with the homework and each other. Then I just feel horrible the I let it get the best of me. After our mini meltdowns I sat with him and told him I'm sorry that I couldn't explain it better to him. He said he was sorry he was having a hard time and I told him it wasn't his fault. We sat on the floor to take a break and gave hugs. Then he said he wanted to try again. So we set up at the table again and gave it another shot, and we push thru and got it done. When at first you don't succeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment