Tuesday, April 14, 2015

20-some years ago, my cousin was diagnosed with Autism. I remember when I first heard. I asked my mom, what's that? She said she didn't know. I don't think any of us really did. It wasn't like now where you can just Google anything. There was no research available for us to do on our own. His mom and I are the same age and at the time she was living so far away from our very large family. I can't even image what it was like going through it all that far away from home. And now here we are, 20-some years later and still no concrete known cause or cure. And it continues to grow with more and more diagnosed every year. And those of us that are caregivers continue to press through, aimlessly as it feels at times. Even with all the progress in treatments, it seems like we're still so far from seeing the end of Autism as we know it. So we keep doing what we're doing to make living with Autism "livable". ‪#‎AutismAwareness‬ ‪#‎ThisIsOurNormal‬

No comments:

Post a Comment